Wednesday, November 4, 2009

When I went to Eva Olsson’s presentation, I really wasn’t expecting anything great, but I was significantly incorrect. Her presentation was tremendously touching.

Every single little point got to me, but the fact that she had to see her mother die right there in front of her, almost made me cry. This impacted me enormously, making me so devastatingly sad. I remember after that she said, to always tell your family, I love you, which is true. I am guessing, not many people actually did that when they got home though. I didn’t either, since truly, I do that anyhow. I’m sure if Eva had the chance, she would give her life for her mothers, thinking of this, now I want to ask her so many questions. Asking the question, how do you think we should start these lessons, I think of the answer, that when we see somebody new, we either wave at them, or say hello, and be kind

One giant lesson that she told our school is to never use the word hate, but instead, replace it with, strongly dislike. What hate is, is another word disguising the work kill. Eva said that hate is one word that destroys civilization. It’s okay to not like someone, but not to hate someone.

For me, what I will remember for years to come from this presentation, is that to always tell your family you love them, since you might not always have that chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment